So the holidays are rolling around and you want to take the kids on a family ski holiday that won’t break the bank but aren’t sure where to go. We don’t worry, because I’ve put together a handy blog that compares prices of various locations over the school holidays. If you want to travel outside school holiday time, then even better because these holidays will be even cheaper. But here we go…
Nestled between the Po Valley and the Rhaetian Alps, Maniva ski is a modern ski resort just 50 km from the city of Brescia, offering 40 km of ski slopes from 1467m to 2100m. Maniva is a great resort for families as it is quite quiet and close to the airport, so not too long a drive. The slopes are easily accessible and there are 8 blue runs and 6 red, so predominately for beginners and intermediates and they’re never too busy. The slopes are fed by chairlifts and drag lifts, but there are also 3 magic carpets (bit like a flat escalator) which make it great for young kids who can just step onto the moving belt. Because the resort is compact its good for young kids – means you can’t lose them!
- 8 blue runs
- 6 reds
- 1 black
- 8 lifts (three chairlifts, three magic carpets and two drag lifts).
- 2 adults + 2 children aged 3-12
- 7 nights accommodation at 3* Hotel Locanda Bonardi
- Quad room
- Half Board basis
- 6 days Maniva Ski pass
- 6 days ski & boots hire
- Access to Wellness Area (adults only)
- €2250 based on 2 adults sharing a quad room with 2 children aged between 3-12.
- Return airport transfers from Milan Bergamo, Milan Linate or Verona are €250 for a 4-seater car.
Situated in the Pyrenees National Park, not far from the Spanish border, the ski resort of Peyragudes straddles the peaked mountains whose slopes roll down into the valleys of Louron and Larboust. Peyragudes has plenty to offer mixed-ability family groups with its relaxed, friendly environment and safe areas for beginners and children, there’s even child care services in the resort. Our accommodation is in self-catering apartments, so the whole family will get to enjoy the holiday together! The resort is only 2 hours from Toulouse airport, so a short enough transfer time that the kids won’t get bored.
- 21 blue runs
- 20 reds
- 5 black
- 17 lifts
- 2 adults + 2 children aged 5-17 years old
- 7 nights’ accommodation in a quad apartment in the Residence Privilege
- self-catering basis
- 6 days ski pass
- 6 day ski hire
- 1 entrance for "Spassio", the wellness centre in Peyresourd
- Sheets and towels
- €2335 based on 2 adults sharing a quad apartment with 2 children aged between 5-17.
- Return airport transfers from Toulouse Airport to Peyragudes are €650 per 4-seater car
Masella ski resort is located at La Tosa mountain (2535m to 1600m), in La Cerdanya. Masella is set in the midst of a dense pine forest and 90% of its slopes are oriented towards the north; both these factors favour snow conservation and enables skiers to enjoy what is one of the longest seasons in the Pyrenees. The resort has a cinema, a bowling alley an indoor ice-skating rink and sleigh rides all in the area. The green and blue trails make it great for families and the resort isn’t too crowded. Again, the short transfer time from Barcelona airport of only 1.5hours makes this a great option for young children.
- 9 green runs
- 24 blue runs
- 23 reds
- 9 black
- 18 lifts – including chairlifts, ski lifts, moving walkways and tows.
- 2 adults + 2 children aged between 6-12 years old.
- 7 nights’ accommodation in 3* Alp Hotel La Masella
- Breakfast each morning
- 6 days ski pass for La Masella
- €1960 based on 2 adults sharing a quad room with 2 children aged between 6-12.
- Transfers and ski hire can be organised for a surcharge.