So the weather in the UK & Ireland still isn’t quite showing the spring season it should (as I write this it’s raining heavily in Bangor, Northern Ireland!) so you can be forgiven if you’re starting to think about a summer holiday where the weather might be a bit more pleasant to explore all that the outdoors has to offer! Luckily for you, ActivityBreaks.com is here to help so we’ve put together a list of our top 5 recommendations for a multi-activity holiday that you and your family will never forget.
- While the Italian Dolomites might be best known at this time of year for their wonderful snow coverage, in summer the resort transforms and provides a wonderful backdrop for your adventure holiday. Our Italian multi-activity holiday is not for the faint-hearted as you’ll be given the opportunity to experience the exciting adventure that is canyoning! This involves making your way down, you guessed it, a canyon – with rock climbing, jumping, abseiling and swimming. Don’t worry though this isn’t your only activity during your break, so your heart rate can relax (just a little!) when you go rafting! As a short break over 3 nights in 3* Camping & Wellness, prices start from just €248EURper person.
- Perfect for those who prefer a bit of excitement on their holidays; Lake Garda has an abundance of activities to avail of, suitable for all ages and capabilities. This package has an adrenaline fix of a canyoning excursion; take a stand-up paddle board lesson (it's harder than it looks!) and enjoy a guided bike tour of the area. If that isn't enough there is also one hours' free use of the hotel's clay tennis court. There are plenty of other activities that can be included too! Package from €450EUR per person.
- If you’re looking for a longer break away from the monotony of work and school for the whole family, then look no further than our 7-night Croatian multi-activity holiday. It’s recommended that you’ve previously been kayaking as you’ll be exploring the Mreznica River from a kayak or canoe. You’ll also go hiking, cycling and rafting. This adventure holiday starts from €620EURper person with 2 meals per day and return Zagreb/Rejika Airport transfers.
- Hot summer weather not a deciding factor in where you’re planning your next adventure for? Why not check out the beautiful land of Iceland with our Reykjavik adventure sightseeing tour. This will combine a multi-activity adventure with a city break where you’ll see some of the top sights that has tourists flocking in their numbers to the country. You’ll explore the famous Golden Circle in super jeep and snowmobile, and then go snorkelling in the awesome Silfra waters! Prices start from €790EURper person and this break is available right through until December 2016.
- For those who love the great outdoors, glamping allows you to be at one with nature, our Luxury Glamping break on Lake Bled allows you to experience the Lake Bled in Spring, you can choose to be as active or as relaxed as you want on this break. During your multi activity break, you will stay in a lavish glamping tent where you can enjoy all your usual home comforts such as a private bathroom, TV, WIFI and more. The tents are part of a unique eco village only 300 m from Lake Bled. The break is offered on a bed breakfast basis with sauna, and you have the chance to add optional extras such as canyoning, horse riding, and paragliding. Prices from €271EUR pp based on two sharing in April.