The picturesque resort of Borovets (1320m) offers 58km of north facing runs (3 green, 11 blue, 9 red and 4 black) from 1350m to 2550m. It is divided into three main ski areas; Sitnyakovo lower down, Yastrebetz somewhere in the middle, and Markudjik higher up.
Just an hour from Sofia airport the popular resort is great for beginners and intermediates with a large, well-regarded ski school at their disposal. There are some more challenging runs in the Yastrebets and Maarkudjik areas for more advanced skiers, including a world cup slope. Snowboarders have two snowparks to choose from although do have to contend with a few drag lifts. The Markudjik area at the top of the mountain is popular with free riders.
There is night skiing every evening from 5pm-10pm so hardcore skiers can pack well over 10 hours of skiing in per day if they so wish; floodlit skiing is not included in the price of the lift pass and can be paid for at the kiosks next to the slopes.
Borovets offers great value, lively après ski with lots of pubs and bars around the resort centre. There are a few cheap and cheerful restaurants around so eating out is also good value.
Bulgarian Ski Break in Borovets with Ski Pack and Return Airport Transfers
One of Bulgaria’s most popular, and oldest, ski resorts, Borovets offers pretty tree lined slopes and a lively nightlife and is a great option for beginner and intermediate skiers. You will be greeted at the airport by an English speaking driver and transferred to your hotel. The resort is only 1 hour drive from Sofia Airport and is the closest to the Bulgarian capital. Ski lessons are available to book as an optional extra, 4 hours a day for 3 days for skiers, or 2 hours a day for 3 days for snowboardersPDF Download: Borovets Piste Map
- With 4 blue and 12 red runs, Borovets is ideal for intermediate skiers.
- More advanced skiers can try out the challenging world cup run in the Yastrebets area
- Go night skiing – pistes are floodlit every evening 5-10 pm so you can ski all day and all evening if you wish
- Accommodation at 3* Hotel ELA or similar
- Bed & breakfast basis
- Return Sofia Airport transfers
- Ski/Snowboard hire for every full day in resort (i.e. 5 nights, 4 days hire)
- Ski pass for every full day in resort (i.e. 5 nights, 4 day ski pass)
- Meals & beverages - unless otherwise specified
- Local taxes where applicable
- Everything else not mentioned above
You will be staying at a 3* hotel in Borovets, the name of your accommodation will be confirmed upon booking.
Should you have any requests for a particular hotel please let us know in the notes when you book.
Nearest Airport: Sofia (approx. 1hr)
Return Sofia Airport transfers are included in the package, please contact us with your flight details after booking.
You may also be interested in...
All ages / Not applicable
Ski In Bansko with Ski Pack and Return...
Take a great value break in Bulgaria’s top ski resort, including airport transfers!