A group of islands off the northwest coast of Africa, Portugal’s Madeira is a popular choice for tourists worldwide. Whether this is because of the year-round summer temperatures or the beautiful landscapes the island has to offer is hard to distinguish, but the two complement each other perfectly to make for an ideal holiday destination.
Temperatures stay between 14 and 25°C year round and so it’s likely you’ll want to explore the outdoor beauty of the island. There is plenty to see with the peaks of Pico de Arieiro accessible for those looking to hike above the clouds, or for those seeking a more tranquil visit, why not admire the Monte Palace tropical gardens.
Many of the sights can be reached by public buses, or Linha Eco mini-buses which have no designated stops and cost only €1.25 for a single journey.
Luxury Activity Holiday in Madeira
Two-thirds of Madeira is covered in the UNESCO protected Laurissilva forest, the combination of sub-tropical climate, the mountainous terrain, and waterfalls, makes it the perfect location for all types of walks, hikes, and trekking. This 7-night package includes half board in a deluxe sea room at the 5* Vidamar resort in Madeira with walking and or canyoning activity included!
- Enjoy a luxury activity holiday discovering the beautiful Laurissilva forest and Lavada's of Madeira
- Enjoy unlimited use of the hotel's Aqua area with its sauna, jacuzzi and pool
- Explore the beautiful island of Madeira
- 7 nights' accommodation in a deluxe room with Sea View in the 5* Vidamar Resort Hotel
- Half board basis with dine around concept so you can have dinner at one of the on-site restaurants (excludes drinks)
- Levada Walk (duration approx 5 hours)
- 2 half day "Levada Walks" among the Laurissilva forest (or exchange this for 1 full day walk)
- 1 day guided cross-country walk approx, 6 hours 30km with guide, transfers, personal insurance individual protection equipment, and bike OR 1 Canyoning session for 3-4 hrs with guide, and safety equipment
- Picnics included for the activites
- Unlimited use of the hotel's Aqua area
- Free access to the Vida Health club with cardio equipment and group lessons
- Free access to squash courts, table tennis and billiards (pre book on site)
- Access to VIDA Health Club and its sports activities
- Free use of squash courts, billiards and table tennis
- Transfers between airport and hotel
- Meals & beverages – unless otherwise specified above
- Local taxes where applicable
- Everything not specified above
Refund Policy Please note that the refund policy for this package deviates from our standard terms and conditions; once this package is booked and paid for it is 100% non-refundable. This offer is not combinable with any other offers. Services included in the package and not used by the guest, will not be refunded. Maximum occupancy per room is 2 adults. All activities are subject to weather conditions, any activities not used are non refundable. Please note that the activities are arranged directly with the hotel once you have made your booking, so you can give the hotel info on your preferred date for each activity.
Need further info or want to extend your stay? Then just contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Vidamar Resorts Madeira
Located on a privileged ocean-front position and set on a cliff top with the most magnificent views over the Atlantic Ocean, the Vidamar Resort is designed in a modern architectural style with natural daylight all day on its public areas.
All rooms and suites are equipped with individually-controlled air conditioning; refrigerator; kettle; cable television with 30 channels; free wi-fi; and 24-hour room service.
The Vidamar Club Spa is spread across 2.200sqm featuring both wet and dry areas encompassing 14 rooms for treatments as well a pool with whirlpool features, Jacuzzi, Sauna, Turkish Bath as well as Contrast, Vichy and Scottish Showers.
There is also a choice of 5 restaurants at the hotel:
Ocean Buffet restaurant- Enjoy taking lunch or dinner in this spacious restaurant full of natural light overlooking the sea. Sabor a Mar (seafood) - Located at sea level overlooking the outdoor swimming pools and the ocean, this restaurant is open all day for light snacks and serves an a la carte lunch menu.
Mamma Mia Restaurant - serves up delicious Italian food serving classic and regional Italian dishes along the old favourites like pizzas and pasta.
Koi Sushi - Cool and contemporary design with a choice of seating at the Sushi bar.
Casa des Espetadas - Located 100 meters from the hotel the Casa das Espetadas specializes in traditional Wood Fire cooking with Madeira Folklore and Fado entertainment. The food is certainly worth travelling for, and many people do. The attraction is a combination of a local meeting point, the Islands favorite Poncha and a menu that keeps on giving. T
Starfish Creche (0-3 years old - surcharge)
Dophins (3 - 6 years old)
Sharks (6 - 11 years old)
Nearest Airport: Madeira Airport (approx. 25mins)
Follow VR1 for 13miles before taking the exit for Funchal Centro/Porto. Take a right towards Pilar/L. do Cavalo/Barreiros. Continue to Levada dos Ilhéus and then the 3rd exit after the roundabout to R. Dr. Pita. On your right will be Estrada Monumental, where the hotel can be found.
By Public Transport
Take the Aerobus from outside the terminal. This will leave you off in front of the hotel. The Aerobus leaves every hour and transit time is around 25mins.
By Private Transfer
Taxi available outside airport. Private transfer available on request after main booking.
You may also be interested in...
All ages / Not applicable
Romance Package at 5* Hotel and Spa Resort in...
A special package for those looking a bit of romance by the sea. Enjoy unlimited access to Aqua Area, Activity Program & Half Day tour - from