The picturesque resort of Borovets (1320m) offers 58km of north facing runs (3 green, 11 blue, 9 red and 4 black) from 1350m to 2550m. It is divided into three main ski areas; Sitnyakovo lower down, Yastrebetz somewhere in the middle, and Markudjik higher up.
Just an hour from Sofia airport the popular resort is great for beginners and intermediates with a large, well-regarded ski school at their disposal. There are some more challenging runs in the Yastrebets and Maarkudjik areas for more advanced skiers, including a world cup slope. Snowboarders have two snowparks to choose from although do have to contend with a few drag lifts. The Markudjik area at the top of the mountain is popular with free riders.
There is night skiing every evening from 5pm-10pm so hardcore skiers can pack well over 10 hours of skiing in per day if they so wish; floodlit skiing is not included in the price of the lift pass and can be paid for at the kiosks next to the slopes.
Borovets offers great value, lively après ski with lots of pubs and bars around the resort centre. There are a few cheap and cheerful restaurants around so eating out is also good value.
Bulgarian ski break in Borovets with ski pack and optional airport transfers
One of Bulgaria’s most popular, and oldest, ski resorts, Borovets offers pretty, tree lined slopes and a lively nightlife and is a great option for beginner and intermediate skiers. The resort is only 1 hour's drive from Sofia Airport and is the closest to the Bulgarian capitalPDF Download: Borovets Piste Map
- With 4 blue and 12 red runs, Borovets is ideal for intermediate skiers.
- More advanced skiers can try out the challenging world cup run in the Yastrebets area
- Go night skiing – pistes are floodlit every evening 5-10 pm so you can ski all day and all evening if you wish
- Accommodation at 3* Hotel Bor or Edelweiss
- Half board basis
- Ski/snowboard hire for every night in resort
- Ski pass for every night in resort
- Airport transfers - see below
- Meals & beverages - unless otherwise specified
- Christmas and New Year's Eve dinners - mandatory supplement to be paid locally
- Local taxes where applicable
- Everything else not mentioned above
• Snowboard hire is available for a small supplement of around 5-6 euros per day, please contact us for details before you book. • Ski/snowboard lessons are available to book on request, contact us for details. • Private airport transfers from/to Sofia airport are available to book as an optional extra, select in the drop down menu under the calendar after choosing your dates.
Hotel Bor & Hotel Edelweiss***
You will be staying at one of these hotels, of a similar standard located in the same part of town, around 600m from the ski area. There is a free shuttle bus to the lifts or a short walk (you can leave your ski equipment at the ski hire shop near the lift).
The simply furnished rooms have private bathroom with bath or shower, carpet and flat-screen TV. Hairdryer available on request from reception.
Both hotels have a 24 hour reception and sauna (free for guests). Free WiFi access is available in the main areas.
Free parking is available.
Nearest Airport: Sofia - 70km / 1 hr 15 mins
Return Sofia Airport transfers are included in the package, please contact us with your flight details after booking.
You may also be interested in...
Ski In Bansko with ski pack and optional...
Take a great value break in Bulgaria’s top ski resort, optional private airport transfers available