Though an unfamiliar name, this village is at a strategic point right at the heart of the huge Milky Way ski area, linking Sansicario with Claviere.
The Milky Way (or Via Lattea in Italian) links the resorts of Sestriere, Sauze D’Oulx, Oulx, Sansicario, Cesana, Pragelato, Claviere and the French resort of Montgenevre. For around 400km of marked runs, 249 in total (7 green, 80 blue, 120 red and 42 black) served by 70 lifts.
All ski areas except Montgenevre are included on the Via Lattea ski pass. One day in Montgenevre is included on the 6-day pass.
The area has a real mix of slopes, from sheltered tree lined runs to wide open slopes above the tree line. Those looking for a challenge should head to Sestriere, while those who like pretty Alpine villages and tree lined runs will enjoy Sansicario and Claviere.
A charming Alpine village, Cesana is not known for its raucous nightlife, though there are a few shops, bars and restaurants around the old town. Those looking to party can take a 20 min taxi ride to Saulze D’Oulx.
Flexible Milky Way ski break
A great value, flexible ski break at the heart of the vast Milky Way ski area in northwest Italy. Stay at the basic yet comfortable Club Hotel Solaris just 150m from the nearest lifts. This break is ideal for those who like to clock up the mileage and you can ski a different area each day. Private airport transfers from Turin are available as an optional extraPDF Download: Milky Way piste map
- Fantastic location at the heart of the Milky Way ski area, close to the lifts
- Pretty Alpine Village
- Just 90 minutes from Turin Airport
- 5-7 nights in a double/triple room at Club Hotel Solaris
- Half board basis including drinks (water, soft drinks, draught beer and local wine) and afternoon snack
- Milky Way ski pass for every full day in resort (e.g. 5 nights, 4-day ski pass)
- Ski/snowboard equipment hire for every full day in resort
- Airport transfers (private transfers from Turin airport can be booked as an optional extra)
- Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve dinners (see below)
- Meals & beverages - unless otherwise specified above
- Local taxes where applicable
- Everything not specified above
• Christmas Eve dinner: compulsory supplement of € 40 per adult, or € 25 per child under 12, to be paid locally. • New Year’s Eve dinner: compulsory supplement of € 48 per adult, or € 25 per child under 12, to be paid locally.
Single and family rooms available on request, contact us for availability. For children under 8 please contact us for a quote.
Club Hotel Solaris***
This simply furnished, friendly hotel is in the ideal location to reach the slopes of the Milky Way ski area, just 150m from the lifts that link Sansicario to Claviere. The village of Cesana Torinese is less than 5 minutes’ walk away.
The carpeted rooms come with TV, minibar, free WiFi, balcony and bathroom with bath or shower and hairdryer.
A varied buffet breakfast is served each morning, and every afternoon around 4.30 you will find a warming snack await you when you return from a day on the slopes.
In the evenings a 3-course meal of local Piedmontese specialities and national dishes is served, accompanied by water, soft drinks, house wine or beer. For those who like to try the local wines, you can choose from a carefully curated selection on the wine list.
The hotel also offers a number of excursions and activities including wine tastings and dinners at mountain chalets.
Free parking on site.
Nearest Airport: Turin (100km / 90 mins drive)
Other airports: Milan Malpensa (220km / 2 hours 30 mins drive)
By Train: There are direct trains from Paris Gare de Lyon to Oulx (4 hours 40 mins), which is just 15 mins by taxi to the hotel.
From Turin airport take the A55/E64, then exit towards Bardonecchia onto the A32/E70. Take exit 7 Oulx east and follow the SS24 to Cesana Torinese
By Public Transport
From Turin airport take the bus to Porta Nuova train station (around 50 mins), then from there take the train to Oulx (around 70 mins) from where you can take a bus to Cesana Torinese (20 mins) or a taxi.
At weekends there are regular buses direct from Turin airport to Cesana Torinese that take around 75-90 minutes. To book see www.linkbus-alps.com
By Private Transfer
Taxi available outside airport. Private transfer from Turin airport available to book as optional extra
You may also be interested in...
Ski break in Civetta with ski pass and hire
Ski Civetta, part of the Superski Dolomiti area and within 2 hours of Venice