How do we use your data?
We use your data for the following principal purposes:
- To provide you with the highest possible level of service and to help you to get the best out of our website.
- To fulfil the bookings and purchases you have made through our website, and any other requests we receive from you.
- For internal analysis - i.e. statistics on the number of visits to our site - see cookies section below for further information.
- When you contact us by email, we will use the information you give us to provide the information or service you require.
- To send you newsletters, but only if you subscribe to this service via our site or social media channels, or opt in when you make a booking. It is possible to opt out of this service at any time by clicking 'unsubscribe' at the bottom of the e-mail.
Who may your data be disclosed to?
When you book through us we disclose your data to our suppliers. They will only use your data for the purposes of fulfilling your booking requests. We will not disclose your data to any other third parties except where it is necessary for the purposes of fulfilling any bookings, purchases or requests that you make on the website, and through our customer service team or as otherwise described in this policy. We may be required to disclose your information if required by any applicable law or regulation. We may also disclose your data to professional advisers acting on our behalf when necessary and who are obliged to keep that data confidential.
If post-travel you wish to remove your data from our records please write to us at [email protected] and we will comply with your request within 30 days.
What safeguards are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information?
All information you provide to ActivityBreaks.com is transmitted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. SSL is a proven coding system that lets your browser automatically encrypt, or scramble, data before you send it to us.
When you make travel purchases on ActivityBreaks.com, you are protected by the highest level of encryption or security possible. This means you can rest assured that communications (e.g. credit card numbers) between your browser and this site's web servers are private and secure when the SSL session is activated.
Cookies are small text files that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive, and enable ActivityBreaks.com to do things like:
- remember your actions and display preferences (e.g. font size)
- store information in your shopping cart
- run videos
- collect anonymous statistics on how our site is used
- run targeted and relevant advertising on social media and other websites
Our cookies do not contain any personally identifying information. Enabling these cookies is not strictly necessary for the website to work but it will provide you with a better browsing experience.
Cookies can be deleted from your hard drive if you wish; most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your browser settings to prevent that and delete any active cookies (you will need to do this for each browser you use). Just click on the settings menu in the top right hand corner of the computer screen when online to manage your cookie settings, or see aboutcookies.org for further information.
Please note that if you do this you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.